To rehabilitate, protect, and empower vulnerable children, youth, and women, as well as to provide underprivileged, poor, oppressed, and socially excluded children, youth, and women with the opportunity to grow up in a safe and caring environment with livelihood opportunities.
Our vision is to create an equal and resilient society where everyone has the opportunity to live a healthy, productive, and peaceful life.
· Social Justice & Equity
· Accountability and Transparency
· Gender Equality
WHO WE ARE
Shelter Ashraya Nepal is a non-profit organization that operates in several sectors including education, health and nutrition, child protection, poverty reduction and inclusion, gender equality, sustainable farming, women empowerment, and humanitarian aid. We adopt a strategic approach that involves designing and implementing long-term programs in partnership with the local community and government officials. Our programs are designed to address the underlying causes of inequality, such as poverty, unemployment, and limited resources, and provide impactful solutions to these issues.
Our primary goal is to empower underprivileged children, youth, women, and farmers through relevant education, innovative healthcare, empowerment through sports, and sustainable livelihood programs. We believe that every human being has the right to a dignified life free of violence, discrimination, and exploitation. To this end, we collaborate with participatory project partners, non-governmental organizations, and governmental bodies to create sustainable change for Nepal's children, youth, and women.
We recognize that financial stability and a healthy environment are essential for families to thrive and prosper. Therefore, we work towards improving livelihoods and raising living standards, as we believe that these are interconnected and fundamental human rights. Our work is aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and various national and international human rights laws. At Shelter Ashraya Nepal, we are dedicated to creating a better future for the underprivileged members of our society.
The main objectives of Shelter Ashraya Nepal are:
- To promote and protect the rights of children, youth, and women,
- To empower children, youth, and women through quality education, vocational training, and income-generating programs,
- To use sport as a tool of education, empowerment & Social linkages.
- To increase opportunities for the professional and personal development of women through the provision of support skills and Protect women and young girls from all forms of discrimination, gender-based violence, and social taboos
- To encourage healthy growth and development and provide basic health care to all mothers and children for the Prevention of malnutrition, communicable diseases
- To support the SDGs and use sport as a major tool to bring the children, youths, and women together in a safe space so that their voices can be heard
- To build the capacities of local farmers for innovative farming, non-farming techniques, organic farming, and sustainable agriculture to enhance livelihood opportunities
- To provide relief measures-Aid during disasters and pandemics